One of the benefits of being a 2015 Prime 8 Art League selected applicant is having the opportunity to participate in Prime 8's booth at Chicago's Renegade Craft Fair in September. Renegade's autumn installment is most often the busiest and most bustling of all three RCFs in Chicago (taking place in June, September, and December annually).
Look out for the Prime 8 Art League booth, where they'll be selling Lauren's merch, including postcards, stickers, magnets, and prints, along with smaller scale (and more affordable) original paintings.
A bit more from the folks at Renegade:
"Chicago’s Renegade Craft Fair will return to Division St. in Wicker Park on September 19+20, 2015. As always, we will feature a thoughtfully curated selection of today’s finest independent Makers. Attendees can expect a lively atmosphere along Division St. with shopping, interactive activities, creative inspiration, and more."
- Chirp Radio and Reckless Records will be on-hand spinning jams and tunes all weekend long while visitors explore and shop.
- Those inspired by the creative air can learn the basics of working with leather at the Chicago School of Shoemaking and Leather Arts workshop.
- Urban Prairie Waldorf School will also be teaching attendees how to knit, create origami, and wind jump-ropes at their interactive space.
- Cycling enthusiasts will want to visit Pedal to the People‘s Pop-Up Bike Shop – offering bike valet service, mechanical services, and a “Don’t Get Stranded” flat fix workshop.
- Those on the hunt for some vintage treasures can visit with First Ladies Vintage, Highstreet Vintage, and Lost Girls Vintage and shop their eclectic collections of found and selected goods from around the country.
- Take a break from all the fun to grab a bite from one of these local food stalls: Chicago’s Doghouse, Dia de los Tamales, DönerMen, Mana Food Bar, and Taco in A Bag.
- Black Dog Gelato, Justice of the Pies, and Puffs of Doom will be serving delicious icy treats, pies, and baked goods for those wanting to satisfy their sweet tooth cravings.
- Thirsty shoppers can look to Harvest Juicery, La Colombe Coffee Roasters, and Bow Truss Coffee Roasters for refreshment and caffeine boosts.
- Protea, Tito’s Vodka, and Revolution Brewing, will be serving and sampling wine, vodka and beer throughout the weekend.
- The free-to-use Magnolia Photo Booth will be on site and furnished with props to help commemorate shoppers’ visits.
- Attendees can also sit down and get a hand drawn portrait of themselves courtesy of The Doodlebooth.